GOSSIP GIRLS Richie, Adams (inset) (Photo: Getty Images)
• Up in smoke: Nicole Richie calls bullshit on Cindy Adams for saying the pregnant starlet's been smoking while pregnant in New York City—Richie claims she's spent her prenatal months abroad. Is somebody trying to say there may be some other paunchy, high-priced minitart roaming the streets of Lower Manhattan?
• No soup for you!: Enemy of intellectual property Jerry Seinfeld calls author Missy Chase Lapine a "wacko" for speaking up after Seinfeld's wife (allegedly) ripped off her recipes.
• Escaping the Andy Dick hex: Early Show hack Harry Smith thinks Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, and Rob Schneider's careers are as good as dead. Breathe easy for now, Spade.
• The heist: Elizabeth Taylor is allowed to keep a multi-million dollar Van Gogh painting because its Nazi- fleeing, Holocaust-surviving original owner's descendants waited too long to file a claim.
• Sorry you missed it: Halloween is kicked off with this super sexy soiree of media and fashion swells.