FAKE NEWTON Gingrich (Photo: Getty Images)
• Newt tease: Gingrich forgets that he can't really make a bid for president while running his 527, even as his staff prepares to collect $30 million in campaign pledges and he pulls out of corporate gigs to clear the way for a candidacy. Maybe he just likes the attention.
• Brady, baby, Brazilian: Winged VF chief Graydon Carter pursues Tom Brady, his newborn son John Edward Thomas Moynahan (of ex-girlfriend Bridget Moynahan), and Brady's current girlfriend Gisele Bundchen to pose for an upcoming cover of Vanity Fair. Short of them, K-Fed, old baby Sean Preston, and Liz Hernandez are available.
• The Postman, Waterworld, etc.: Kevin Costner admits to sinking $40 million into failed green initiatives, including oil spill cleanup methods and non-chemical battery development, saying, "I'm not the shrewdest businessman. I'm more of a dreamer."
• Big spender: Mitt Romney will likely report upwards of $15 million in personal contributions to supplement the $40 million he has raised in traditional donations. His is one of the first "hybrid" campaigns for a major-party bid in history.
• J-Bush: book yes, baby no : Jenna Bush kicks off her book tour for Ana's Story, the chronicles of an HIV-positive Latin American teenager. But more importantly, Jenna dismisses pregnancy rumors!