BEST EVER Michael • Turning water to gold: After winning gold in the 200-meter butterfly and the 800-meter freestyle relay earlier today, Michael Phelps is now the winningest athlete in Olympic history, with 11 career gold medals. He has a shot at scoring three more golds, and probably some prime tail, before leaving China.
• Candidate slayer: Right-wing author/hitman Jerome R. Corsi (he of John Kerry swift-boatery) is headed to the top slot on the New York Times best-seller list, with a highly suspect book attacking Barack Obama.
• Coulda shoulda: Early this morning, Russian President Dmitri Medvedev and Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili agreed on a plan for troop withdrawal that "could end the war" ... "could" being the operative word there. Yeah, never mind. Scratch that.
• Speaker up: Candidate for senate and former Virginia Governor Mark Warner has been tapped to deliver the Tuesday night keynote speech at the Democratic National Convention.
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
CLICK HERE, IT'S EASY: Soldiers share misfortune; smelling up the wrong man; and a nuclear holiday!