AWARD WINNING Pitt, Jolie
• That time again: The self-fellating extravaganza that is movie awards season is here, and the kickoff of all kickoffs, the Palm Springs International Film Festival, awards its highest honors to Mr. Angelina Jolie's Babel.
• Madoption opponent: Meanwhile, Ms. Angelina Jolie says she is no fan of illegal adoptions, especially when they involve certain sinewy songstresses.
• Lowering his allowance: Fresh off her festival of "me," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi alienates some gun-shy fellow Dems by saying the Democratic Congress won't issue President Bush a "blank check" to spend in Iraq.
• Time out: Remember the astounding Democratic push to make Congress work five days a week instead of its usual four? That was before the game was scheduled for tonight. (Football metaphors are, after all, the backbone of Congressional speechmaking.)
• Derailed in D.C.: A Washington, D.C., subway derailed yesterday sending 20 people to the hospital. (Sadly, Congress isn't the only Capitol institution that's off track.)
• Good news for Saddam!: The charges against him have been dropped! Wait, he's already been what?
Photo: Splash News & Picture Agency