FEELS YOUR PAIN Bush
• <a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070115/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq"
target="_blank">Talkin' tough: Fresh from a good cry, surger-in-chief President Bush came out guns-a-blazing in a 60 Minutes interview last night, saying "I've made my decision and we're going forward" with the troop surge. That "we", however, includes neither Congress nor Iraqis.
• Copycat hangings?: Officials say boys here and in Turkey, Yemen, and other countries have hanged themselves mimicking the execution of Saddam Hussein—and his brother and the head of Iraq's revolutionary court, who were hanged yesterday. Also, Marilyn Manson and Michael Moore caused Columbine.
• Turn off Trump's mic: After Barbara Boxer torches Condoleezza Rice for being a motherless stiff who can't understand the sacrifice of war, strawberry blond Rosie-baiter Donald Trump throws his hat into the ring (or was that his hair?).
• Say what?: Despite his plan to hobnob with the stars tonight, Arnold Schwarzenegger insists that he's taking it easy, trying to lay low and avoid side effects of his pain pills such as slurred speech, which could effect his elegant pronunciations and erudite accent.
• Truth clearly far beyond inconvenient: As further proof that the Earth hates Hummers, 21 people are dead in the Midwest in the wake of rare ice storms this weekend.