SUPPORT STAFF Dennis, Barack (inset)(Photos: Getty Images)
• Forward thinker: Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich, aware he might not make the cut in the Hawkeye state, urges his way huge base of supporters to make Barack Obama their second choice in Thursday's Iowa caucus.
• A place in the snow: Long a haven for woodsy lesbians, New Hampshire rings in the new year by legalizing gay civil unions, making it the fourth state to do so. Thirty-seven gay and lesbian couples bundled up to get their union on January 1.
• He cried no: Amidst the hell that is the Times Square New Year's Rockin' Eve, NYC mayor and rumored presidential candidate wild card Michael Bloomberg tells Ryan Seacrest that he will not run for office.
• You won't be seeing what I'm about to show you: Front-running pres candidate Mike Huckabee says he wasn't playing any tricks when he showed a special-edition negative ad to the press—immediately after explaining how he'd decided against airing the Mitt Romney mudpie. The ad you weren't "supposed" to see can handily be seen here.
• Bush country: Ray J sex-tape costar Kim Kardashian is reportedly engaged to Reggie Bush, a 22-year-old New Orleans Saints star five years her junior.
• On the attack: Tiger mauling victims Sousa and Pal Dhaliwal hire fancy-pants lawyer Mark Geragos and claim that SF Zoo security initially ignored their calls for help and took too long to act. Geragos has previously repped Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder, Scott Peterson, and Gary Condit (he of the murderous Chandra Levy affair).