• Draft dodging: The Mormon church got presidential hopeful Mitt Romney a Vietnam deferment, because he was working as a "minister of religion."
• Kiss and make up: A New Jersey school district apologizes to a gay student after a school orders the yearbook staff to black out a picture of the young man and his boyfriend kissing.
• Buzzkill: The Supreme Court rules 5-3 against an Alaska high school student suspended for holding up a sign reading, "Bong Hits 4 Jesus." Going a step further, Justice Clarence Thomas asserts that there's no free speech in public schools. (Someone got too many wedgies in junior high.)
• Duped lobbyists: Harper's writer Ken Silverstein works with big-time lobbying firms, pretending to represent Turkmenistan. Turns out, Turkmenistan is a Stalinist dictatorship. Now lobbying firms are going after Silverstein.
• St. Bart: Anglican Church puts out new book encouraging youth ministers to incorporate The Simpsons in teaching children theology.
Photo: Getty Images