JACK "DANIELS" BAUER Sutherland(Photo: Getty Images)
• No, not Chinese prison: Kiefer Sutherland gets 48 days in jail after pleading no contest to drunken driving charges. Jack fact #26: "Jack Bauer does not get taken prisoner. He puts himself in a disadvantageous position so as to make his next several killings more dramatic."
• Foxy's ladies: Mexico's former President Vicente Fox supports female presidential candidates and questions Bush's "cowboy" image—by dissing his horse-riding skills.
• Bidding buddies: EBay launches "Neighborhoods," a new social networking feature that attempts to regain the online auction block's "folksy appeal."
• Dying dailies: Newspapers' total revenue is down 5 percent in the first half of 2007, the worst performance since 2001. Savvy readers prefer sifts to traditionally overwhelming news-saturated papers.
• Her aim is true: Elvis Costello will play Hillary's 60th birthday in NYC.