PANTY PARTY Keifer's booking pic
• Teetotaled: DUI dude Kiefer Sutherland checks in for his holiday season visit at the Glendale City Jail, delivering fans a rather fetching booking photo. The occasionally pickled actor packed his own skivvies and some light reading material for the trip. Like Spencer Pratt, he'll be catching up on Delta Force.
• Hot ticket: Barack Obama's campaign changes the venue of Sunday's Oprah/Obama rally in South Carolina, upping the capacity to a massive 80K seats to accommodate the duo of hope's teeming throngs.The announcement comes as Hillary Clinton's lead over Obama narrows to single digits. The Secret works people.
• Special delivery: North Korea claims that Kim Jong-Il received a personal letter from Pres. Bush. The White House says the letter was actually meant for Santa Claus—or perhaps L'il Kim.
• C U Next Tuesday: Oscar-bait flick Atonement almost didn't make it to a multiplex near you because the script included the C-word.
• Keep on keepin' on: Hoping to hedge overly optimistic voices in the Administration, U.S. forces in Iraq honcho General David Petraeus maintains—with a sigh—that there is still "tough work" to be done in the war-torn country: "Nobody says anything about turning corners, seeing lights at the ends of tunnels. When you've been doing this as long as some of us have, you just keep your head down and you keep moving."