Ladies' softball league: Just as Diane Sawyer had lulled Katie Holmes and viewers into a peaceful nap on Good Morning America, the show's producer, Jim Murphy, ends the segment—stymieing Sawyer's plan to drill Holmes on the details of a certain book hitting shelves today. "It was one of those bad calls on my part," Murphy said. "Diane doesn't generally get angry, but was she disappointed in how I handled it, yes." Bad call, or Scientology conspiracy?
• Can't we all just get along?: After racial flare-ups on the campaign trail, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama declare a truce. And they lived happily ever after ... until today's primaries and tonight's debate.
• Closing shop: Porn star-cum-entrepreneur Jenna Jameson says she's through performing in front of the X-rated camera and the sweaty pervs who man them. "I will never ever spread my legs again in this industry, ever," says Jameson, who will now concentrate on her Web business.
• Breaking up isn't so hard to do: Ready-to-pop Jennifer Lopez breaks it off with longtime manager Irving Azoff.
• Double debate: MSNBC files a hasty appeal with the Nevada Supreme Court after a judge rules that the network must include Dennis Kucinich in tonight's debates. Please, just let little Denny debate tonight. It will make things so much more awkward and amusing.
• New Year's Rehabilitation: Nicely coinciding with a new season of American Idol and her upcoming sex-tape release, Jessica Sierra starts her one-year court-ordered rehab.
• Cameo appearance: Britney Spears manages to show up to court (albeit it a few hours late), but can't make it inside. The judge refuses to restore her visitation rights.