SENATE SQUATTER Craig(Photo: Getty Images)
• No take-backs: A Minnesota judge takes a firm, wide stance and denies Larry Craig's request to withdraw his guilty plea, claiming Craig knew exactly what he was signing and that he wasn't pressured. Craig's next tact: a Senate sit-in.
• Not bringing up baby: While K-Fed still has custody of their baby boys, Britney Spears has been granted visitation rights until her next court appearance ... or her next drunken tantrum ... or her next disastrous live performance. Whichever comes first.
• Stepford Wife 2.0: With the latest accounting numbers in and her beau pulling comparably dreadful amounts of cash, Elizabeth Edwards digs in against Rush Limbaugh, claiming his 4F draft exemption for the Vietnam War might be a sham.
• Also-ran afterlife: Al Gore's appearance on 30 Rock this fall gives hope to future presidential hopefuls that even if they don't beat Hillary, they too might eventually guest on an unwatched, award-winning NBC sitcom.
• : Barack Obama has stopped wearing American flag pins—he sees himself as a walker and not a 9/11 talker.