RAYS OF HOPE Amy • Sun spots: Amy Winehouse is reportedly addicted to her newly acquired sun-bed, spending more than an hour a day tanning to "to get rid of scabs."
• We pick you, Jesse: Says former Minnesota governor and wrestler Jesse "The Body" Ventura about his decision to run for Senate against incumbent Norm Coleman and former SNL humorist Al Franken, "All you Minnesotans take a good hard look at all three of us. If you were in a dark alley, which one would you want with you?"
• All aboard the Chuck Wagon: Gossip Girl badboy Ed Westwick is in talks to design a fashion line. Expect to see lobster sweatervests and seersucker short-shorts make their way below 59th St. sometime soon.
• Microsoft v. Yahoo, Round 1,012: The boys are still at it. But now, Yahoo chief Jerry Yang's getting pissy. Which of course makes investor Carl Icahn and Microsoft's plans all the more titillating to them.
• Hot wheels:: The National Insurance Crime Bureau released their annual list of most stolen vehicles. Topping the list again: the oh-so-sexy 1995 Honda Civic.
• Babyswaaaahler: Germany plans to extend the vote to all its citizens regardless of age. Responds newly enfranchised Hansel (age 6 months), "Glluaaah bloophhhttt."