DADDY'S GIRL Spears (Photo: Getty Images) • Father knows best: As predicted, an L.A. court extends Jamie Spears' conservatorship; he'll now be in charge of Britney's affairs until March 10. Let the media trial begin!
• Alarming trend: A tragic shooting at a Northern Illinois University lecture hall leaves seven dead and leaves one to wonder whether school shootings, like terror alerts and foreign wars, are just part of the modern cultural landscape. Wait. You don't think they're related, do you?
• Bad company: Rock band Boston gets mad at Mike Huckabee for his use of "More Than a Feeling" on the campaign trail. Founding Boston member Tom Scholz says he's for Obama, though he's impressed by Huck's bass guitar skills. Aren't we all?
• <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/15/us/politics/15clinton.html?_r=1&ei=5088&en=bc2896f529942245&ex=1360731600&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1203078536-mRZZTvbaq5LdBR3eLHqppg
" target="_blank">Changing it up: Representative John Lewis, a civil rights leader, superdelegate, and former black friend to Hillary Clinton, changes teams. Lewis says he plans to cast his super vote for Obama, hoping to prevent a brawl at the Democratic convention.
• Preventative measures: Taking time out from world saving to help prevent another strike, George Clooney urges the Screen Actors Guild to start contract talks as soon as possible.
• Good high: Mary Louis Parker and Weeds co-star Jeffrey Dean Morgan are engaged. They play (deceased) husband and (living, dealing) wife on the show.
• Pet Cemetery: A South Korea company takes its first commercial pet cloning order from a California woman who wants a new version of her dead pitbull. (Just $150,000!). Now Michael Vick can abuse—then re-abuse—his beloved 'bulls.