Gore Covers the Nobel Betting Spread
AL STAR Gore (Photo: Getty Images)
• Green peace: Just as odds-makers speculated, Al Gore—along with the U.N. Panel on Climate Change—is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for efforts in raising awareness on global warming. Still don't think Big Al's going to throw his name in the hat for the Democratic nod?
• Nobel big thing: Author Dorothy Lessing responds to her freshly minted Nobel Prize in Literature: "I couldn't care less.... This has been going on for 30 years. I've won all the prizes in Europe, every bloody one, so I'm delighted to win them all. It's a royal flush."
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
• Colbert reports candidacy: Stephen Colbert announces his decision to seek a presidential nomination from both parties, a move, he tells Larry King, that shows "true courage" because it sets him up for two defeats. Ardent Stewart/Colbert '08 supporters can no longer claim their cause (and their T-shirts) to be nearly as ironic as they'd like.
• Clinton motives: Hillary Clinton spins GOP attention into flattering fawning: "When you get to be our age, it's kind of nice to have all these men obsessed with you." Even Rudy?