COMANDANTE CAPITALIST Castro (Photo: Getty Images
• Barnes and Ig-Noble: Following rumors of his death, pics surface of Fidel Castro sporting a F. Castro Cuban Olympic team jacket and reading what appears to be a 30 percent-off Barnes and Noble copy of Alan Greenspan's new book, The Age of Turbulence.
• No Katie curse: Miss U.S.A. has journalism aspirations, but offers a caveat: "I just don't want to end up like Katie Couric. I want people to take me seriously." Couric's rep responds: "If she continues to offer such profound insight, she will not have to worry about anyone taking her seriously."
• Jena what?: When asked about the "Jena Six" protests, Fred Thompson claims, "I don't know anything about it." Aren't the six Jenas those former girlfriends of Thompson's who began vocally endorsing him this summer?
• Fall in Congress: A CBS reporter is shoved down a flight of stairs by a congressional staffer while pursuing Illinois Rep. Jerry Weller with tough questions. The reporter seems frustrated he was only pushed and not tased.
• Networks over gays: It seems television networks agree with Radar that gays are overrated: A new study finds that the number of LGBT people in scripted network programs declined for the third straight year.