GAME FACE Gates (Photo: Getty Images)
• Bidding billions: Google and Microsoft battle for a stake of 5 to 10 percent in Facebook, and despite Google's notorious aggressiveness, Microsoft says it's "willing to give any valuation possible" to stay in the hunt. Mark Zuckerberg commissions crown of gold and precious gems.
• Osa, er, Oba, er ... Hussein!: Mitt Romney accuses Barack Obama—instead of Osama bin Laden—of urging terrorists to mobilize in Iraq. It's not like Barack's never slipped up when discussing the Holocaust and Adolph Mittler.
• Dance debt: Britney is a bad mom to her backup dancers, too. She hasn't paid them for their MTV Music Awards performance, according to reports.
• Trigger happenings: Ever quick on his feet, John McCain tells a group of gunnies that he'd pop a cap in Bin Laden's ass himself ... with one of their products .... but only, you know, at the gates of hell. Never here on Earth.
• Gay smackdown: Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest gay rights organization, readies a formal statement demanding that Barack Obama drop gay-fixer Donnie McClurkin from his promotional tour.