TRIPPIN' Rudy (Photo: Getty Images)
• Jump-off write-off: Rudy Giuliani billed $34,000 to obscure NYC agencies at the end of his term as mayor for trips to Southampton, where his then-sidepiece (now wife) Judith Nathan stayed. The upshot: his police detail likely got a piece of the action, too, traveling with Rudy on many trips, including one to Palm Beach, where they spent $1,714.99 at the Breakers.
• In the name of Vogue: Madonna outrages PETA officials after dyeing a group of sheep pink, yellow, and blue for a spread.
• : A naked and pregnant Christina Aguilera graces the cover of Marie Claire's January issue. This stunt is all in the name of empowering (pregnant) woman ... and Photoshop.
• Roadside swag: The Florida Highway Patrol recovers $54,000 worth of marijuana alongside Interstate 4, the state's major east-west thoroughfare. They're encouraging the owners of this lost cargo to come forward. Snoop?
• Let's waterboard Ashcroft!: During a speech, former Attorney General John Ashcroft was asked if he'd be willing to endure torture by way of waterboarding. His reply: "The things that I can survive, if it were necessary to do them to me, I would do."