HOWARD'S END Dean (Photo: Getty Images)
• Scream IV: George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio are reportedly discussing a film based on Howard Dean's 2004 presidential campaign.
• Totally forked: That wasn't a sex toy investigators found in the garbage of disgraced money manager Jeffrey Epstein, who's accused of hiring underage girls for erotic massages. It was a broken salad fork, Page Six dutifully writes, also confirming "a website" report that Epstein is kicked out of Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort for creepy caddying.
• Journos unite: A crack team of investigative journalists will form the nonprofit group Pro Publica and, with the guidance of pre-Murdoch WSJ editor Paul E. Steiger, will tackle the big stories that waning newspaper and magazine budgets have had trouble funding. And will save the world.
• Sexual slogan: Hialeh, Florida, city councilman Pepe Coragal is stirring up controversy with his campaign slogan, "If you like oral sex, vote Coragol for council," which charmingly rhymes when translated into Spanish.
• Acting gay: A Vatican official is caught on hidden camera making sexual advances to a young man but insists he was merely role-playing in order to learn about "those who damage the image of the Church with homosexual activity."
• BriWi, funny guy : NBC anchor Brian Williams will host SNL in November.