GET WELL SOON Spears • 51/50: Ailing pop star Britney Spears is committed after her new psychiatrist fears that she presents a danger to herself and to others.
• Getting graphic: Porn could soon be coming to your mobile phone. It's about time we caught up with the rest of the developed world on this one.
• Invoking the name: During last night's Republican debates, Mitt Romney accuses John McCain of "dirty tricks" that GOP fairy godfather Ronald Reagan "would have found reprehensible."
• Drugged out: Sources tells the NY Post that Michelle Williams kicked Heath Ledger out of the brownstone last spring because of his ongoing drug abuse. "She couldn't take it any more. Heath wouldn't show up for two to three days, and all of a sudden he would show up on her doorstep, an absolute wreck," a member of Ledger's entourage tells the paper.
• Cable problems: Huge swaths of the Middle East go without Internet after two integral undersea cables are damaged in the Mediterranean. Unrelated: Scientology hackers are said to be well-versed in scuba.
• Two of everything: The Academy preps a minimalist, backup Oscars show, just in case the big event is canceled due to the writers' strike.
• About time: Finally, Rudy Giuliani drops out of the presidential race and throws his not-so-considerable heft behind McCain.