LIPSTICK BUNGLE Miley • Cleaning up her act: Little Miley Cyrus would now "love to do a younger, cleaner version of Sex and the City."
• Losin' Lou: Boy-band impressario Lou Pearlman, known for founding the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync, owes $424.4 million in damages to several financial institutions following his various con schemes. Someone should write a book about this guy!
• Screwing around: President Bush still wants his goddamn offshore drilling! "The sooner Congress lifts the ban," he says, "the sooner we can get these resources from the ocean floor to the refineries, to the gas pump."
• Talk of the town: Brad Pitt is meeting with Quentin Tarantino to talk about his new movie, Inglorious Bastards. This is news, people!
• Aka the MTV Music Video Awards: A list of speculated attendees for the Democratic Convention includes performers Kanye West, Wyclef Jean, N.E.R.D., and guests Ben Affleck and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
• What? No Love Guru sequel? A $450-million deal between Deutsche Bank and Paramount has fallen through. The money could have funded up to 30 films, including Transformers and even another Star Wars installment. Maybe not such a bad thing after all!
• : Ex-New York Daily News scribe Ben Widdicombe will step in to fill the editor at large spot left by Julia Allison at Star magazine.