ONE DOWN Barack, Jim (inset) • The Obama snub: Virginia senator Jim Webb has officially taken himself out of the running for Democratic vice president. No one seems particularly heartbroken.
• The List of Lists: Obsessives take your mark! Remy Stern's long-awaited guide to New York City's power players is finally live. And it's got it all!
• Kidman has a kid, man: Plastic surgery enthusiast and actress Nicole Kidman gave birth Monday to a baby girl named Sunday with father Keith Urban.
• Chocolate woes: In West Africa, yields of cocoa plantations are steadily declining due to unsustainable farming practices. People who eat their feelings worry about their future, consider building cache of M&M's.
• Dead leaves and the dirty ground: White Stripes frontman Jack White pens a poem for his hometown of Detroit—and it sort of rhymes. Like General Motors, he loves the "fresh-baked fumes."
• No, we're not done with Wall-E: Not to be outdone by Frank Rich, conservative columnists Andrew Sullivan and Rod Dreher put their own spin on everyone's favorite intellectual robot. It's downright Aristotelian.