Natalie's Latest Endorsement Diehl
NATALIE SOLD SEPARATELY Portman
• Cut & run: Most up-and-coming designers have to lie, cheat, murder and give great head to get their clothes on the backs of frequently photographed celebs like Kate Moss, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Paris Hilton. But not all of them. The pop-art-savvy duo behind House Of Diehl cut (and pasted) their way through the PR-controlled bullshit maze to promote their recently launched online store. Way to rip the system, kids!
• Vogue adopts AnJo: Baby-snatcher Angelina Jolie, pictured in a crimson gown roaming through an empty field, snags the first cover of Vogue '07, unveiled this week by lead Vogue-ette Anna Wintour and View capo Barbara Walters. It's unclear what exactly brings Angelina to the top of the "50 Best Dressed" list compiled annually by Vogue (aside from launching the "Ethnic-baby-as-charm-bracelet" trend), but the overall vibe looks much less awkward than Nicole Kidman's Vogue turn where she's also in a field, but looks totally butch.
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
• Hercules! Hercules!: Julia Restoin, the fortunate spawn of lead French Vogue-ette Carine Roitfeld, has a great flack. Not only did she score her the cover of new Spanish men's magazine Hercules, but also a personal profile in the women's section of the Times UK, where she makes a point of saying that she likes to shop in French sex stores. Must be tough when the only interesting thing about you is your mother.
• Money shot: The Sartorialist goes on the hunt for egregious expenditures on the corner of 57th Street and 5th Avenue in Manhattan and comes up with $8,000 coats, $1,400 boots. and $600 haircuts. The insidious style sniper also gets video (click on "Street Smarts") of three women whose wardrobes cost more than your apartment.