BLOWING THE CASE Stern, with Smith (Photo: Getty Images)
• Stern seeks $60M: Howard K. Stern files a $60 million libel suit against Rita Cosby, author of Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death, in which Stern is said to have had a sexual encounter with Smith's BD, Larry Birkhead. Stern also gripes about the book's finer points about cocaine use, murder conspiracy, and kidnapping for ransom.
• Majority support: Hillary Clinton extends her lead over Barack Obama to 33 percentage points in a new Democratic nomination poll, garnering a majority (53 percent) for the first time.
• One-person show: ABC News establishes one-person international bureaus comprised of a single reporter-producer operation to expand extensive coverage to locales like Dubai, New Dehli, and Nairobi.
• What's the deal with Chicago?: Jerry Seinfeld bees a big fat jerk at a Bee Movie event in Chicago, dissing fans who showed up in costume.
• Too soon?: A D.C. taxi driver returning from a trip to the United Arab Emirates is asked by an Air-Tran employee about the Dubai sticker on his luggage and whether he was visiting for business or pleasure. "No. I'm Al Qaeda," the passenger said. "I'm with them, and I'm here to blow things up." He was then arrested on a "false bomb threat" charge.