TLC has settled its lawsuit against Jon Gosselin, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.
“TLC has reached a settlement with Jon Gosselin and will be undertaking procedural steps to conclude the litigation. All terms of the settlement are confidential. The whole Gosselin family remain under contract with TLC,” TLC said in a statement released Wednesday.
The network had sued Jon for breach of contract and won a preliminary injunction against him late last year. Jon’s paid interviews and public appearances brought negative publicity to the network and violated his contract, TLC charged. A judge agreed.
Trial was set for April but sources close to the situation said all TLC wanted was for Jon to abide by his contract. Sources also told RadarOnline.com that Jon couldn’t afford the expensive litigation.
He told TLC that he would allow them to once again film his children for a reality show.
But the network has not committed to bringing back Jon & Kate Plus 8, or its retitled successor, Kate Plus 8.
“The network says this is not about the kids. It’s about Jon breaching his contract,” a source told RadarOnline.com.
Kate has a new show in development with TLC.