Nicole Richie Granted Restraining Order

Nicole Richie arrived at court Monday, flanked by  Joel Madden and her powerhouse attorney Mark Geragos, to apply for a permanent restraining order against two LA based paparazzi.

Read The Court Papers Here

Richie has a temporary order in place against the two snappers, Eduardo Cerri Arrivabene and Ivon Emilio Melo Miguel, but is applying for a permanent order of protection.

PHOTOS: Nicole Richie Crash Scene

Judge Carol Boas Goodson said, “the court is extremely concerned about future accidents.” She also said that she would be weighing the pros and cons of celebrity.

Richie took the stand, despite Gregaros telling the court his client is “ill and not feeling well.”

VIDEO: Nicole Richie Crash Pap Gets Arrested

Richie, sounding like she is fighting a cold, stated that she was driving her car, a 2008 Range Rover, on Oct. 5th, the day of the accident. She stated that the photographers had been following her. Richie said she was headed east on Wilshire going to a business meeting, with three cars following her. She stated she was at a stop when she was rear ended.

Richie testified that both respondents came 30 ft onto her property. She stated that her kids weren’t in her car on the day of the accident, but that she “was hysterically crying, lucky my mom was there.”

Richie Crash Pap Arrested

Joel Madden took the stand and testified that Nicole was “hysterical” when she called him following the accident. Madden said the photographers were driving erratically, he said Richie was in distress 24/7, and she is with the kids.

Judge Goodson granted Richie’s request, ordering the two paps to stay 50 yards away from Richie, her vehicle, the children, or any car they are in.

The order will stay in effect until November 16th 2012.

PHOTOS: Nicole Richie & Joel Madden Visit A Playground

blog comments powered by Disqus