It cost more than $140 million to make but X-Men Origins: Wolverine is littered with visual and plot gaffs that would have the hairy superhero bearing his iron claws in fury.
But every movie has mistakes, so retract those claws Logan! Pointing out the mistakes is all in good fun.
Hugh Jackman‘s fourth X-Men movie has raked in over $160 million in box-office sales since its May 1st release and it’s on target to break the $400 million barrier worldwide.
But some hardcore fans of the franchise are upset with some of the glaringly obvious mistakes that have slipped through “quality control” and made it to the big screen.
RadarOnline.com spoke to expert Jeff Rovin, author of more than 30 books, including Superhero Movie and Trivia and pointed out the Top Ten mistakes in Wolverine.
WARNING, THE FOLLOWING SECTION CONTAINS SPOILERS.
Here are the top 10 mistakes:
- Chronology Mistake: In the scene where Wolverine is talking to his girlfriend about the moon and his history it’s set in Canada 1956-1963. He is seen sipping Budweiser beer. That beer was not sold in Canada until decades later.
- Revealing mistake: When Wade Wilson is fighting the men in the diamond traffic operation headquarters – while he is spinning in the air – you can clearly see the wires holding him-up.
- Continuity: When Gambit knocks Logan through the wall of the bar in Louisiana, the hole changes size. One size when he makes it and another when Gambit comes through it into the alley.
- Continuity: The child actor playing young Logan has blue eyes – Hugh Jackman has brown eyes.
- Revealing mistake: In the bathroom scene you can plainly tell that Logan’s knives are CGI.
- Equipment visible: After the elevator scene with Stryker’s group of mutants – Wade kills all but one man in the room – when he stops cables can be seen behind his shoulders.
- Continuity: The tank where Wolverine gets the Adamantium bounded to his skeleton is lit with blue light – in the first X Men movie the tank was lit with green light in flashback.
- Continuity: After revelations on Three Mile Island, Logan leaves in disgust only to rush back when he hears Silver Fox screaming, but then he appears without the shirt he left in.
- Plot Hole: When Wolverine frees all the captured mutants, there were over 20 of them, but when Professor Xavier comes to pick them up, only around a dozen run towards him.
- Plot Holes: Sabretooth and Wolverine are supposed to be brothers – but in the original X Men movie they never mention this connection.
Did you notice any other mistakes in the movie? If so send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may publish them in an upcoming article.