BREAKING NEWS: Miss California Officials – Carrie Entered Pageant Under “False Pretense”

Officials with the Miss California pageant blasted Carrie Prejean Monday. Calling her a “distraction” and saying she entered the pageant under “false pretense,” officials  were highly critical of Prejean, but would not go as far as to say that  she should be stripped of her crown. Of course, the ultimate decision  about Carrie’s fate will be made by pageant owner Donald Trump, who’s scheduled to make an announcement Tuesday.

At a news conference Monday in Beverly Hills, Shanna Moakler and Keith Lewis — co-directors of the Miss California USA pageant – came out swinging against Prejean. They spoke out about the growing controversy about Prejean in wake of her remarks against gay marriage and the revelation that she posed semi-naked in photographs taken prior to the pageant, yet did not reveal this to pageant officials.

Keith Lewis opened his remarks by saying “I’m here to set the record straight.”

Lewis said he was proud of Prejean’s performance at the Miss USA Pageant, but in a stinging comment, Lewis said Prejean did not lose the crown because of her answer to a question about gay marriage.

Lewis says Prejean was third in the swimsuit competition and second in evening gown. Lewis said to say she lost the crown because of her answer regarding gay marriage is simply not true.

Moakler said Prejean entered the contest under “false pretense” because she did not reveal that she had posed semi-nude prior to entering the Miss California pageant.

Pageant officials also announced that they were appointing Miss California Runner-Up Tami Farrell as a “Beauty of California Ambassador,” which in effect, will have her fulfilling some of Prejean’s duties.

Last week, state pageant officials said they have been investigating whether the 21-year-old San Diego native broke pageant rules by associating with special interest groups that oppose same sex marriage, or by withholding information that she previously posed for scantily-clad pictures.

Ultimately, the decision to disqualify Prejean will be made by pageant owner Donald Trump. He is slated to address the issue in his own news conference on Tuesday in New York.

This weekend, Trump told told Fox News of the controversy surrounding Prejean’s past pictures: “Most of these girls are models… they do things that are not necessarily a bad thing. And look, Carrie is a seriously good looking girl. Because of her looks, [they] are making such a big deal with this.”

Trump said he’s looked at some of the photos, and added “they’re not that bad.” (Photo: WENN)

Story still developing.

blog comments powered by Disqus