Monday hits like a ton of bricks, so real fast, the five things you need to know:
• Tina Brown‘s Daily Beast is live. So that’s where former Vanity Fair Q&A-er Kevin Sessums has been hiding!
• Politico is predicting that the Democrats could fill 60 Senate seats after the election.
• Recession update: no one is buying anything.
• And it’s not just the U.S. economy. Banks around the world are looking flaky and global markets were extremely diffy last night, setting the stage for a scary U.S. market opening today.
• Today is the voter registration for a bunch o’ states like Philadelphia and Ohio, Florida and Indiana. Guess who registered? Democrats.