Your morning vitals:
• In case you were out last night, your President did indeed address the nation, begging for the bailout and even promising the plan “should make certain that failed executives do not receive a windfall from your tax dollars.” Remember that this time next year!
• Pakistan’s president calls Sarah Palin “gorgeous,” and Palin said she’s learned one important lesson from her New York meetings with heads of state: They admire America.
• Washington Mutual may be on the block.
• Ad spending down for the first half of ’08.
• Sunday blow-in Page Six magazine is one year old. Wow.