(Photo: Getty Images)
• Behind enemy lines: Barack Obama‘s campaign announced the creation of “Republicans for Obama,” a recruitment group led by … some Republicans who are for Obama. Is this anything like that Jews for Jesus scene?
• Number nine: Michael Phelps won the ninth gold medal of his career this morning, leaving just a mustache between himself and Mark Spitz.
• Just married: Peaches Geldof, British celebu-mess and daughter of Live Aid founder Bob Geldof, married Chester French band member Max Drummey in Vegas. If she takes his last name, she will now be Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Angel Vanessa Geldof Drummey. Seriously.
• Uptown girls: Bergdorf Blondes author and gal-about-town Plum Sykes has signed on to write Mogulettes, an NBC drama documenting the lives of prosperous 20-something lovelies.
• 40-Year-Old-Murder Suspect: Actor Shelley Malil, who had a part in The 40-Year-Old Virgin, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after his girlfriend was found stabbed 20 times. She is in critical condition.