Last week RadarOnline.com exclusively revealed that Tiger Woods would be heading to rehab in order to keep his kids following his May 29 DUI arrest, and now the disgraced golfer has taken to his personal Twitter page to announce the news.
"I'm currently receiving professional help to manage my medications and the ways that I deal with back pain and sleep disorder," the golf star said in a statement on his social media account. "I want to thank everyone for the amazing outpouring of support and understanding especially the fans and players on tour."
After his embarrassing May 29 arrest, Woods announced that he didn't have alcohol in his system, rather, it was "an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications."
As RadarOnline.com previously reported exclusively, the 41-year-old secretly arranged a 28-day rehab stint in a bid to retain joint custody of daughter Sam, 9, and son, Charlie, 8, and according to sources he's reserved the entire male inpatient unit at the Jupiter Medical Center near his Florida mansion.
“Tiger visited the hospital with his children on June 2, then went alone two days later to complete paperwork and his assessment,” an insider told RadarOnline.com.
“If Tiger gets caught up in a scandal, he could face losing the 20 percent custody he currently has,” the source revealed, further adding that Woods' treatment will focus on his addiction to prescription pills.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 800-344-9598 any time, day or night.