Radar told you so! Ryan Seacrest is officially back as the host of American Idol when it returns to ABC.
The network announced the news on Thursday, July 20, reminding fans that the 42-year-old served as host for the franchise since its inception in 2002.
"It’s genuinely hard to put into words what American Idol means to me," Seacrest said of the news. "I’m so grateful for the show and all the career and life opportunities it’s allowed me to experience. It’s been an incredible journey from day one."
“We are thrilled to be ushering in this new era of American Idol with Ryan at the helm,” said Channing Dungey, president, ABC Entertainment. “So much of the show's overwhelming success can be attributed to Ryan, whose larger-than-life personality and laudable dedication to creating quality entertainment has made him a true master of his craft. His talent is limitless, and I can’t think of a more appropriate person to honor the ‘Idol’ legacy as it takes on new life than the man who has been there through it all."
“Honestly, Ryan is just not sure whether he wants to stay on as co-host of Live! anymore,” a source close to the seasoned media mogul said last month.
“He is going to stick out his contract, obviously. But New York City does not feel like home to him and he really misses L.A.”
Do you think Ryan's return to Idol is his way out of Live! with Kelly? Sound off in the comments below!
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.