Prince's 2016 death devastated the nation when the musical icon was at the height of his fame. While it was speculated that drugs had something to do with the singer's demise, a new toxicology report shows exactly what pill led the 57-year-old performer to his early grave.
The Associated Press obtained Princes autopsy and revealed that experts noted the music legend had an "exceedingly high" concentration of fentanyl in his body at the time of his passing.
RadarOnline.com has learned that the powerful opioid and painkiller is known to be 50 times more powerful than heroin.
According to AP, Prince had 450 micrograms of fentanyl per kilogram in his liver. Meanwhile, experts claim that any quantity greater than 69 micrograms per kilogram "seems to represent overdose or fatal toxicity cases."
Adding to the overdose theory, investigators discovered various pill bottles lying around Prince's home after he was found dead inside an elevator.
Following Prince's shock death, various pals and fans assumed it was an OD suicide. Even longtime pal, Stevie Nicks, suggested the icon took his own life because he was extremely lonely and had no family of his own.
Radar readers know Prince was married twice in his life to dancer Mayte Garcia and later Manuela Testolini. His only child with Mayte died just days after being born.
Stay with Radar for updates.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.