In a press conference on Thursday, Minnesota’s Carver County Attorney, Mark Metz, shockingly revealed the two-year investigation into the singer’s death resulted in “no reliable evidence" to press criminal charges.
Metz discussed what was initially reported last month: Prince’s toxicology report showed he had an “exceedingly high” level of Fentanyl at the time of his death.
However, Metz said the investigation revealed the “Purple Rain” singer did not intentionally take Fentanyl. Carver County investigators determined Prince was prescribed and taking Vicodin - but it was laced.
“Nothing in the evidence suggests that Prince knowingly ingested Fentanyl,” said Metz.
The attorney said investigators came up empty-handed when trying to pinpoint who the laced pills came from.
“There is no reliable evidence showing how prince obtained the counterfeit Vicodin laced with Fentanyl," the attorney explained.
Metz added: “There is not evidence that any person associated with Prince knew Prince knowingly ingested Fentanyl.”
The singer sold more than 100 million records over a 30-year career and is known for living a health-conscious lifestyle.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at 800-344-9598 any time, day or night.