Last week, animal rescuers found a pilot whale filled with 17 pounds of plastic trash inside a canal in Songkhla, Thailand.
After struggling to save the salt-water mammal for five days, veterinarians were sadly unsuccessful.
This Friday, the whale spat up a collection of plastic items and died soon after, according to CNBC.
The Marine and Coastal Resources Department confirmed that over 80 plastic bags were found inside the animal's stomach after it was rescued. Other pieces of plastic were also lodged in her insides, causing her organs to eventually fail.
According to PEOPLE reports, marine life professionals believe the whale mistook the plastic for food, and was not able to consume nutrients after the toxic material contaminated her stomach.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.