Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily


Natalie Wood Investigators Scramble For Truth, Say Robert's Story Doesn't 'Add Up'

Feb. 5 2018, Published 7:39 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Investigators in the Natalie Wood death case held a press conference Monday pleading for anyone with new information on her death to come forward.

"This case remains a suspicious circumstanced death and the information that came in 2011 and 2012 has helped present a more articulate timeline," Lieutenant John Carena of the LAPD told the public.

Carena explained that the last press conference they held on Wood's death seven years ago was successful and had brought forth new witnesses on the case.

Article continues below advertisement

"We have gotten a lot of calls. People have been calling us and saying they have information to give us. So we have been picking up quite a few callers with people leaving tips."

Wood's case still remains a mystery almost 40 years later, but authorities have a strong suspicion, her husband Robert Wagner, had a hand in her death.

"His original story — what he said happened that weekend — doesn't add up," Carena said. "That they're all talking in the salon, then she went down below to the bedroom, and next thing you know he goes and checks on her and she's gone. So he figures, she must have went to town — in her pajamas, in her socks, in the middle of the night, and it's raining out. For some reason she's going to take the car, which she never drives, and doesn't know how to drive it, and take it into town."

"When Davern (captain of the boat) suggests they should turn on the light and look for her, he says 'no.' Then he says, 'Well we should call somebody.' He says 'no, lets wait.' And he's on his own boat so he can go look for her if he wanted to. Instead he takes Davern and they get inebriated," a suspicious Carena said.

Carena revealed that investigators in the case attempted to talk to Wagner "at least two or three times through him and through his attorney," but he refused.

Article continues below advertisement

"Our biggest challenge is time," Carena admitted. "Many of the witness have passed away. People who were in boats nearby passed away. The original investigator on the case passed away. So time is our biggest enemy here. We can only do what we can do. We are reaching out one last time seeing if anybody can come forward with the information they know."

"Right now we are still trying to determine if her death was an accident or if she was forced in the water," Carena added. "When the tips all dry up, then I guess we move on to the next case."

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for Email us at, or call us at 800-344-9598 any time, day or night.


© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.