A court official in West Palm Beach, Florida – where the reality star was arrested last year for allegedly assaulting a police officer – confirmed to RadarOnline.com that the reality star has decided to plea guilty to battery, trespassing and disorderly intoxication.
De Lesseps, 52, secretly met with her attorney, Douglas Duncan, on July 3 to draft the plea, an insider exclusively told RadarOnline.com.
The deal will be decided upon by a Florida judge on Wednesday, July 25.
A court official confirmed to RadarOnline.com that de Lesseps faces a maximum jail sentence of two years and sixty days. However, in the plea proposal, de Lesseps requests the option of paying fines for each charge instead, totaling $2,500.
Additionally, de Lesseps' plea proposal includes a mandatory one-year probation sentence.
The court official told RadarOnline.com that the guilty plea gives de Lesseps the greatest chance of avoiding jail time.
"This gives her more options and probation," said the official. "If she pleaded not guilty and the judge found her guilty, she would have to face jail time. This is her way of trying to avoid it."
According to Florida court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, de Lesseps is also offering to abstain from alcohol, attend two Alcoholics Anonymous meetings every week, complete 50 hours of community service and attend a Victim Impact class by Mother’s Against Drunk Driving.
De Lesseps' attorney, Douglas Duncan, confirmed to RadarOnline.com on Monday morning that the housewife is not attending Wednesday's court hearing. He will appear on her behalf instead.
The former Countess's absence from the upcoming hearing is likely due to the fact that she checked into rehab for the second time this year.
As RadarOnline.com readers know, Tom D'Agostino's ex-wife's charges stem from her December 24, 2017 arrest in Palm Beach, where she allegedly assaulted and threatened to kill police.
De Lesseps, 52, broke her silence from rehab last week by sharing a quote on Instagram that hinted the television star has no regrets.
Days before her sudden return to rehab, RadarOnline.com reported that the reality star had been sued by her ex-husband, Count Alexandre de Lesseps, and the two kids they share, Victoria, 23, and Noel, 21.
What do you think of de Lesseps shocking plea deal? Let us know in the comments!
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.
Get the exclusive celebrity scoop on all the stars you love before any of your friends by subscribing to our new podcast Straight Shuter below!