Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT

Under Fire! L.A. District Attorney Forms Task Force To Tackle Hollywood Abuse Claims

Nov. 10 2017, Updated 10:04 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Hollywood is bracing for the criminal fallout from all the recent sexual assault allegations, and now RadarOnline.com has learned some of the offenders could face serious consequences.

In a statement, Los Angeles District Attorney Jackie Lacey said her staff is set for whatever happens next.

“In response to the widespread allegations of sexual abuse in the entertainment industry, I have established a task force of specially trained deputy district attorneys who are ready to evaluate these cases if any are referred to my office for criminal prosecution,” Lacey said.

Article continues below advertisement

“I have assigned the group of veteran sex crimes prosecutors to work together to ensure a uniformed approach to the legal review and possible prosecution of any case that meets both the legal and factual standards for criminal prosecution.”

So far, Lacey says her office has not received any cases for possible criminal charges, but as the accusations and victims lists grow, they could be coming any day now.

“We are in communication with the Los Angeles and Beverly Hills police departments.” Lacey said.

Story Developing

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at tips@radaronline.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.