Game Of Moans: 'GOT' Stars Banned From Taking Set Props — And They're Furious!

Feb. 25 2019, Updated 11:50 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

The stars of Game Of Thrones are at war with production execs after they were banned from taking home props as mementoes of their grueling years filming the hit show, RadarOnline.com can exclusively report.

Veterans of the sex and swords HBO epic — which reportedly earns the studio $1 billion a year —had planned to take souvenirs from their time on the set.

But long-serving actors including Emilia Clarke and Maisie Williams have been told they will have to leave the show without taking their characters’ trademark weapons and clothes, or iconic show props including armor and jewelry.

Article continues below advertisement

Regardless of orders, the actors are allegedly planning to take their most beloved possessions from set.

They believe they deserve them after spending years shooting the hit show in freezing weather and other difficult conditions.

“The cast is calling show chiefs cheap for putting a ban on them taking any personal reminders of their time on the show," a source told Radar.

“They feel they have put everything into the show and made a lot of people a lot of money, and think it is a disgrace they won’t be able to take small souvenirs of their time on the show home when it wraps."

A ban on actors walking away with treasures comes after Kristian Nairn – who played giant Hodor – admitted he had taken a door as a keepsake from the show, which he revealed he planned to hang on a wall at his house.

A string of Game Of Thrones’ biggest stars have also previously admitted in interviews they had already stolen several key props from the show, and intended to thieve more before they finished filming the series, which ends next year.

Article continues below advertisement

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau — who plays Jaime Lannister – said he intended to steal his character’s fake gold hand and use it as an ashtray in his house.

Actor Liam Cunningham admitted in an interview: “I grab a prop every year – I don’t think of it as grabbing, I think of it as liberating them.”

Radar's source said the stars’ revelations they regularly swiped props had prompted a clampdown on thefts, with the props team demanding all items handed out during takes be returned personally by actors and signed off on a checklist.

The insider added: “Show bosses have got sick of the thefts as it costs a lot of money to produce these props – the show has its own armory and blacksmiths who make them, and they know they will sell for a lot once the show finishes."

“Extras are also guilty of thefts and security teams have now been briefed to be especially watchful and ordered to stop anyone who tries to leave the sets carrying valuable props.”

Article continues below advertisement

Game Of Thrones’ final season will air next year, and almost every episode has already been filmed.

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at tips@radaronline.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.

Get the exclusive celebrity scoop on all the stars you love before any of your friends by subscribing to our new podcast Straight Shuter below!

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.