Entertaining Expert Mark Addison’s Frozen Summer Sangria Cocktail Is an ‘Unexpected Twist’ on Frosé
Entertaining expert and author Mark Addison shares his recipe for frozen summer sangria – video
Frosé is so 2017. This summer, it’s all about Cocktail Chameleon author Mark Addison’s frozen summer sangria, which the entertaining expert calls an “unexpected twist” on last year’s classic.
The chilled cocktail, which is lightly sweet, fruity and bursting with color, is also innately summery thanks to the freezing technique used to make it, which is the same one used to whip up granità – the traditional Italian ice.
The refreshing beverage, which calls for a combination of fruit and honey mixed with raspberry liqueur and Kim Crawford Rosé, is perfect for a party or ladies who lunch, and it pairs well with sweet or salty fare.
As Mark tells Radar of the vibrant libation, “It’s full of color, it’s full of great flavor, and it’s perfect for a hot afternoon.”
What’s more? Even if you’re not a rosé fan, Mark says the adaptable cocktail can easily be made with other white spirits such as vodka or blanco tequila. Take a look at the complete recipe below!
- WATCH: Dramatic Bodycam Footage Shows Fatal Shootout Between Two California Police Officers & Armed Suspect
- 'My Heart Goes Out To His Family': Lamar Odom Pays Tribute To Late Friend Aaron Carter, Addresses Struggles With Addiction
- Fugitive Mother Wanted For Murder After Her 5-Year-Old Son Is Found Dead In Discarded Suitcase
Mark Addison’s Frozen Summer Sangria
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced• 3 oz honey• 2 oz raspberry liqueur• 1 oz fresh lemon juice• 1 bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc or Rosé• 4 strawberries, halved, for garnish
1. In a bowl, stir together the strawberries with the honey, raspberry liqueur and lemon juice. Cover and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
2. To the fruit mixture, add the wine and purée in a blender at high speed until smooth.
3. Add 1 cup of ice and blend until smooth.
4. Divide frozen cocktail among white wine glasses and garnish each one with half a strawberry.