Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT

Asia Argento Cover-Up Exposed In Secret Texts With Late Lover Anthony Bourdain

Asia Argento Sex Scandal Cover Up Texts
Source: Getty Images

Feb. 25 2019, Updated 11:47 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Anthony Bourdain and Asia Argento orchestrated a cover-up at the same time she was publicly roasting other alleged sex offenders as a self-proclaimed headliner of the #MeToo movement, Radar Online can confirm.

The hypocrisy is laid bare in a series of previously reported texts exchanged between the late Parts Unknown host and his actress girlfriend.

Radar has confirmed the texts are legitimate through independent sources — as well as how Bourdain and Argento referred to her underage accuser as "donkey."

Article continues below advertisement

Argento and Bourdain's communications are undated, but appear to follow a notice of intent to sue filed in November of 2017 by lawyers acting on behalf of former child actor Jimmy Bennett.

Bennett claims Argento sexually assaulted him in a room at the Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey, Calif. on May 9, 2013, roughly two months after his 17th birthday.

Argento was 37. California's legal age of sexual consent is 18 years old.

In discussing a payout to head off Bennett's lawsuit, Bourdain reassured Argento a payment is, "no admission of anything, no attempt to buy a cover up, simply an offer to help an obviously tortured soul whose desperate and trying to jack you for money."

“Or,” Bourdain then added, “you just tell him to f**k himself. Either way, I am with you."

In the messages, Bourdain — who committed suicide in June — also seemingly responded to Argento's concerns over how shady she felt for shelling out de facto hush money to an accuser while excoriating disgraced Hollywood mega producer Harvey Weinstein for doing the same.

Article continues below advertisement

"You are not buying silence," the ex-CNN host reassured Argento. "Only freedom from inconvenience. And to help a 'poor twisted goof' get his life together."

Asia responds, "I will never buy his silence for something that isn't true since I am also broke."

"I don't fear him Bennett," she added. " I am no Puritan, google my a**."

Argento was among the dozen-plus women who accused Weinstein of abusing his position of authority through sexual harassment and assault.

In October, she said Weinstein raped her at France's Cannes Film Festival in 1997 when she was 21 — and in the months that followed, she took a vocal position at the forefront of the #MeToo movement.

However, Bennett claimed in legal papers Argento abused her own position of authority with her assault.

He claimed in legal papers that his relationship with the Italian director, now 42, was "that a mother-son relationship had blossomed from their experience on set together.”

Article continues below advertisement

Bennett was only seven years old when he appeared in The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, a 2004 film Argento directed, starred in and co-wrote.

Their relationship, by their own accounts and social media posts viewed by Radar, continued during the ensuing years, culminating in the 2013 alleged assault.

But Bennett’s lawyer, Gordon K. Sattro, has said the former child actor only decided to file a notice of his intent to sue Argento after getting fed up with her holier-than-thou attitude toward Weinstein.

“His feelings about that day were brought to the forefront recently when Ms. Argento took the spotlight as one of the many victims of Harvey Weinstein,” his lawyer, Gordon K. Sattro wrote.

Bennett, who earned the acclaim of Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis for his on-set chops, said Argento’s May 9, 2013 assault began with her giving him booze and showing him love notes she’d written on hotel stationary.

Article continues below advertisement

It quickly spiraled, he claimed, into her kissing him, pushing him on the bed, stripping off his pants, performing oral sex and then climbing on top of him for intercourse, according to reports.

While Argento has confessed to shelling out $380,000 to Bennett, she denies she had “any sexual relationship” with him.

"I am deeply shocked and hurt by having read news that is absolutely false," she wrote. "I have never had any sexual relationship with Bennett."

She does, however, appear to contradict this statement in the texts.

“It wasn’t raped but I was frozen,” she texted. “He was on top of me. After, he told me I had been his sexual fantasy since was 12.”

Bennett has claimed in legal papers the “sexual battery” ruined him. His notice of intent to sue asked for $3.5 million in damages for the intentional infliction of emotional distress, lost wages, assault and battery.

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at tips@radaronline.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.

For the biggest celebrity news stories of the day, controversies, crime, and other hot topics listen to our new podcast ‘All Rise’ below!

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.