The truth is out there – but, in Hollywood, sometimes it’s hard to find. Here The National ENQUIRER explores the celebrity conspiracy theories that have fans scratching their heads. Fact or fiction? You be the judge.
Solange Knowles is Beyoncé
1) Solange Knowles is Beyoncé’s daughter, not her sister - A number of wacky Internet blogs claim that Beyoncé was actually born in 1974, not 1981 – and rather than have the “Crazy in Love” singer suffer the shame of an unwed pregnancy, her parents pretended that Solange, who was born in 1986, was actually their child.
James Hewitt is Prince Harry
2) James Hewitt is Prince Harry’s father - The story goes that the ginger-haired royal looks nothing like Prince Charles so he must be the result of his mother Diana’s affair with the redheaded major. But Harry was born in 1984 and Hewitt claims he didn’t meet the late Princess of Wales until 1986.
3) Marilyn Manson appeared in TV’s The Wonder Years - The Goth rocker did not play Fred Savage’s geeky best friend Paul in thepopular sitcom. Josh Saviano – now a New York lawyer – did.
David Bowie and Mick Jagger
4) David Bowie and Mick Jagger had a fling - Bowie’s ex-wife Angela told shock jock Howard Stern and millions of listeners that she’d walked into the couple’s bedroom one morning to find David and Mick sharing a naked nap. The two rock stars have denied her tale – even after Bowie admitted to being bisexual.
Britney Spears and President George W. Bush
5) Britney Spears secretly worked for President George W. Bush - The folks behind idolator.com claimed to believe the pop star was an “off-the-books employeeof the Bush administration,” andthat her 2007 meltdown and other headline-grabbing antics were timed to draw attention away from Bush’s contentious activities.
6) Gene Simmons’ tongue is fake - The “Kiss” rocker became famous for always flashing his freakishly long tongue during performances. Some think he had another person’s tongue grafted onto the end of his own mouth muscle. But while Simmons’ tongue has been around since the 1970s, the medical technology to perform such a surgery has not.
7) James Dean’s death car was cursed - When the “Giant” star’s Porsche was delivered, it rolled off a truck and broke the legs of the mechanic set to inspect it. After Dean’s death, a Beverly Hills doctor had the Porsche’s engine put in another car, and was killed in a crash the first time he drove it. Yet another doctor put the transmission into another vehicle, and he, too, was hurt in a crash while driving it.
8) Richard Gere loves gerbils - A popular rumor was that there were X-rays taken of a furry little gerbil suffocating in Gere’s rectal canal, reportedly for sexual pleasure. Gere didn’t address the chatter and instead waited for it to blow over – but it took about 15 years.
9) Prince George is the “Antichrist” - Rumors allege he is the Antichrist based on a prophecy given to Queen Elizabeth I by her knighted Satanic Court Member, Dr. John Dee. His birthday supposedly “breaks the agreement between Lucifer and the Royal Families.”
- Nirvana Heading To Court After Kurt Cobain's Estate Fails To Come To Agreement With 'Naked Baby' From '91 'Nevermind' Album Cover
- Courtney Love Apologizes After Lashing Out At Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl And Accusing Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor Of Abusing 'Girls As Young As 12'
- FBI Releases Never-Before-Seen Kurt Cobain File, Fans Demanded Agency Investigate Rock Star's 1994 Death
10) Cher had her ribs removed - Cher has admitted to plastic surgery before, but word around Tinseltown is that she also had her two bottom ribs removed to give her a smaller waist. The songstress was so distraught by the gossip, she took the drastic step of hiring a medical doctor to confirm that she has a full set of ribs.
11) Pippa Middleton sported a fake butt at the royal wedding - French royal watcher Stéphane Bern claimed on his France 2 TV show that Kate’s sister had a “false” bum under her dress. “I repeat it: She had a false bottom,” he said. “It was an
12) Marilyn Monroe had the dish on the Kennedys - Marilyn had affairs with both Robert F. Kennedy and John F. Kennedy and told friends she knew a lot of dangerous secrets about the Kennedys. It was reported that Robert paid her a visit on the night of her death. But most of the evidence gathered in the investigation –including police files and interviews – has been destroyed or lost.
13) Walt Disney is frozen - The legend reportedly had himself frozen so he could be brought back to life at a later time. Even today, the process of freezing, known as cryonic suspension, is controversial and no one has ever been “brought back” using this method.
14) Kurt Cobain was murdered - Some believe Kurt was too high on heroin to pull the trigger of the shotgun that ended his life in April 1994. One theory is that Cobain’s suicide note was actually a letter telling his wife, Courtney Love, that he was leaving her.
15) La Toya Jackson and Michael Jackson are the same person -The siblings were rarely seen in the same room, but later in Michael’s life the two were
photographed together, most notably during his sexual molestation trial.
16) The CIA killed Bob Marley - The theory is that the CIA arranged to deliver a pair of boots – with a piece of copper wire coated with a carcinogen inside – to Marley in Jamaica in the 1970s. According to members of his entourage, the wire pricked Marley on the same toe where the skin cancer that eventually killed the reggae star was found.
17) Sarah Palin faked a pregnancy - The theory is that Sarah Palin is actually the grandmother of her purported son, Trig. During her campaign it was thought she was covering up the fact that he belonged to her daughter Bristol, 23, charges which
Sarah has denied.
Stan Laurel and Clint Eastwood
18) Stan Laurel is Clint Eastwood’s father - In a 2009 interview with Britain’s The Sun newspaper, Oscar winnerClint put those rumors tobed, saying: “My mother was hysterical. She said: ‘Ialways admired the man,but I never met him, let
alone had his child.’”
Lady Gaga and Jamie Lee Curtis
19) Lady Gaga and Jamie Lee Curtis: She-males? - A camera caught Lady Gaga at a bad angle during a 2009 performance – with a visible flesh-colored bump under her dress. Rumors started flying that the singer had male parts, followed by denials from her camp. Similarly, some believe Jamie was born a hermaphrodite. While her kids were adopted and she looks a little strong for a woman, when asked about it on a radio show, Jamie said, “How dare you ask! I have children.”
20) Jay Z belongs to the Illuminati - The music mogul is supposedly a member of this shadowy society that dates back to 18th century Europe, and includes elites who secretly manipulate world events. According to gawker.com, conspiracy theorists’ wacky claim is that Jay’s daughter Blue Ivy’s name stands for “Born Living Under Evil, Illuminati’s Very Youngest.”