Disgraced Politician Anthony Weiner Rejoins Confide, App He Used In Sexting Scandal With 15-Year-Old Girl

Jun. 10 2021, Published 10:59 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Anthony Weiner is reportedly back on the app that got him in trouble.

Article continues below advertisement

The 56-year-old disgraced politician has allegedly rejoined the Confide, the secret messaging app that he had a months-long sexting relationship with a 15-year-old girl.

The app allows users to send messages that are encrypted for privacy and disappear right away.

Article continues below advertisement
anthony weiner joins confide app sexting scadal  year old
Source: MEGA

It leaves no digital trace behind.

Article continues below advertisement

Page Six reported the news -- users were reportedly shocked to see that Weiner had once again joined the app.

An unnamed Confide user told the outlet that they received a message last week reading, “New friend. Anthony Weiner joined Confide. Send Anthony a message now.”

Article continues below advertisement

According to Page Six, the person seemed to already have Weiner's private email stored in their phone, which is why they got the notification.

anthony weiner joins confide app sexting scadal  year old
Source: Page Six/MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

In 2016, the politician's affair with the underage girl was blown wide open by the Daily Mail.

Weiner used the app -- and others -- to send sexually graphic messages to the then 15-year-old girl.

Article continues below advertisement

She alleged that Weiner urged to her participate in his “rape fantasies” and asked her to dress up in “school girl” outfits.

The 15-year-old girl said their sexting relationship began when she was just a sophomore in high school and while he was still married to Hillary Clinton’s aide Huma Abedin

Article continues below advertisement

Some of the private pictures he sent the underage girl quickly made the rounds, including a shirtless selfie that he took inside a bathroom.

anthony weiner joins confide app sexting scadal  year old
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

Following the announcement of the scandal, Abedin filed for divorce from Weiner.

His laptop was seized by authorities and he pled guilty transferring obscene material to a minor in 2017.

Article continues below advertisement

At the time, Weiner released a statement, saying, “I have repeatedly demonstrated terrible judgment about the people I have communicated with online and the things I have sent. I am filled with regret and heartbroken for those I have hurt.”

In November of that year, he was sentenced to 21 months at Federal Medical Center, Devens in Ayer, Massachusetts.

Article continues below advertisement

Weiner was released on February 17, 2019, and sent straight to a halfway house in Brooklyn, New York.

According to Page Six, he is in recovery for sex addiction.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.