RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned Kevin Spacey is planning to attend a hearing related to his sex assault case — and a source said there likely “will be fireworks” since the actor’s accuser will also be present.
“Kevin again plans to show up, and this time he will come face to face with the alleged victim and his parents,” a source said of the actor’s anticipated appearance in a Massachusetts courtroom on July 8.
William Little, now 18, claimed Spacey groped him in a Nantucket, Mass., club in 2016. Spacey is charged with felony assault and battery.
Little’s parents, Nick Little and Heather Unruh, are also expected to attend the upcoming court date.
The source revealed Spacey, 59, may escape serious charges in the case due to the fact a phone containing critical evidence has gone missing.
As Radar previously reported, the actor’s attorneys requested a cell phone that was used by Little in 2016 be turned over, as they believe it contained “manipulated" evidence, according to court documents.
William’s attorney previously told the court that the cell phone was not in William's possession, his mother’s, nor his legal team’s. The court claimed that the phone was returned to his father, Nick, in December 2017.
Nick’s attorney filed documents with the court on June 21 stating that he would appear in court over the phone issue.
Now, according to the insider, the D.A.’s Office appears to be “backpedaling on the case, possibly due to the missing phone issue.”
“The District Attorney is supposedly reaching out to the Spacey camp in an attempt to save face and work out a deal,” the source told Radar, adding, “Kevin may not bite since he knows the D.A.’s case is falling apart.”