The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice’s worst nightmare has become a terrifying reality.
Though the reality dad’s lawyer previously insisted “no judicial authority has made any decision” regarding his deportation, “records show that an immigration judge ordered Mr. Giudice removed from the United States on March 14, 2018,” an official for the U.S. Department of Justice’s Executive Office for Immigration Review told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive statement.
Now, the 46-year-old Italian native — who is currently serving a more than three-year prison sentence on fraud crimes — is desperately fighting to remain in the country with his wife and four daughters through immigration court.
“Mr. Giudice applied for a cancellation of removal on May 8, 2018, and filed a motion to terminate on May 24,” the DOJ official told RadarOnline.com. “Both requests remain pending.”
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Giudice most recently attended a hearing in Pennsylvania’s Allenwood prison on June 20 regarding the matter.
RadarOnline.com first reported that the reality star was in active “deportation proceedings” while serving time.
An Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesperson exclusively told RadarOnline.com Giudice could be deported even before his sentence ends in March 2019.
“He’s convinced he’s not getting reported,” the insider said. “He says it’s not going to happen.”
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.
Get the exclusive celebrity scoop on all the stars you love before any of your friends by subscribing to our new podcast Straight Shuter below!