DeMario Jackson is under investigation for alleged sexual assault after a boozy hookup with co-star Corinne Olympios allegedly turned bad while filming Bachelor in Paradise. But the incident doesn’t come as a surprise to former Bachelorette contestant Josh Seiter, as he exclusively told RadarOnline.com that he’s not shocked it happened!
“I’m not surprised it hasn’t happened before,” Seiter, who appeared on Kaitlyn Bristowe’s season, told Radar. “Producers put you in intimate situations. They tell you where to go and who to talk to. It’s a lot of manufactured scenarios and then you mix that with alcohol.”
Seiter, who went home on night one, claims he would be “concerned” if he were a women going on the show.
“As a girl going into that environment I would be very careful,” he alleged. “They want good TV. The more hookups the better! What happens is there are regrettable instances of rape or sexual assault. Your sole purpose is to provide entertainment with a good storyline. It’s inevitable for this to happen.”
Seiter, who is one of the most-followed mental health advocates on social media, wouldn’t be surprised if there were other women in the same situation as Olympios but haven’t come forward.
“I’m sure it has happened before and people are just too scared to come forward,” he claimed. “They don’t care about this girl, if they did she wouldn’t be in the this situation. That’s really f*****g shameful. All they care about is ratings.”
Although Bachelor In Paradise has been suspended, Seiter fears another incident is likely.
“It’ll keep happening in the future,” he said. “You put a horny drunk guy with a vulnerable girl, what do you expect?”
As Radar reported, a source close to the show revealed there has been “sexual incidents” during filming in the past.
“With BIP even seasoned producers were complaining that they were exposed to nearly orgy-type sex,” the source said. “They were saying it’s a hostile work environment. Aside from drunk or not, producers complained about the fact they had to work in a such a sexually inappropriate environment.”
A producer admitted that it feels like they’re “working on a porn!”
After People reported that Jackson, who appeared on Rachel Lindsay’s season of The Bachelorette, had a sexual encounter with a female contestant who may have been too drunk to consent, Olympios has come forward as an alleged "victim."
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the June 4," she said in a statement. "Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality."
But Jackson vehemently denied any wrongdoing.
“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” the 30-year-old said in a statement. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.