Gretchen Carlson spoke out for the first since filing a sexual harassment lawsuit against former boss, Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, sitting down with The New York Times for an explosive interview on Tuesday.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, the 50-year-old claimed in court documents that Ailes, 76, allegedly "injected sexual and/or sexist comments" on numerous occasions with her and attempted to make "sexual advances by various means."
During her sit-down with the NYT, Carlson shared that she "finally felt it was time" to say something.
"I just wanted to stand up for myself, first and foremost. And I wanted to stand up for other women who maybe faced similar circumstances," she told the publication.
As for her years with the network's morning show Fox & Friends, where she worked from 2006 to 2013, Carlson revealed that it was a difficult experience.
"Everyone knew how powerful Roger Ailes was. I certainly felt intimidated by that," she said, adding, "The culture of Fox & Friends was intimidating to me."
Carlson left the show in 2013, and moved to a mid-afternoon time slot with her own program. In May 2016, her contract was not renewed.
Now that the lawsuit has been filed, Carlson shared that she wants "to stand up for what happened to me and what was the truth."
- War of Words: Roger Ailes’ Widow Says Murdochs Don’t Love or Understand America ‘Because They Weren’t Born Here’
- Fox News Sex Secrets To Be EXPOSED: Judge Rules Former Employee May Move Forward With Sexual Harassment & Retaliation Lawsuit Against Network Over Host/Alleged Rapist Ed Henry
- Ex-Fox News Star Courtney Friel Reveals Roger Ailes Made Her Twirl & Leered At Thighs
Meanwhile, since Carlson went public, six other women have come forward with similar claims about Ailes.
But in response to the suit and other harassment claims, Ailes's attorney Barry Asen of Epstein Becker Green told RadarOnline.com, "It has become obvious that Ms. Carlson and her lawyer are desperately attempting to litigate this in the press because they have no legal case to argue. The latest allegations, all 30 to 50 years old, are false."
A FOX News spokesperson told RadarOnline.com, “Hosting her own signature program with her name in the title and taking over Megyn Kelly’s afternoon timeslot was hardly a demotion.”
FOX News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes said, “Gretchen Carlson’s allegations are false. This is a retaliatory suit for the network’s decision not to renew her contract, which was due to the fact that her disappointingly low ratings were dragging down the afternoon lineup. When Fox News did not commence any negotiations to renew her contract, Ms. Carlson became aware that her career with the network was likely over and conveniently began to pursue a lawsuit. Ironically, FOX News provided her with more on-air opportunities over her 11 year tenure than any other employer in the industry, for which she thanked me in her recent book. This defamatory lawsuit is not only offensive, it is wholly without merit and will be defended vigorously.”