Explosive Evidence Released, Detailing Fight To Save Michael Jackson

Mar. 20 2010, Published 1:10 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

A deathbed dossier -- just made public -- could be the evidence prosecutors need to put Michael Jackson's doctor Conrady Murray behind bars.

The explosive Emergency Medical Service Report document was authored by the paramedics who raced to the bedroom where the King of Pop overdosed on June 25 last year.

In the file, it is revealed Jackson was dead before the paramedics arrived and Dr Murray apparently didn't tell the paramedics exactly what drugs Jackson had been on, just hours earlier.

Article continues below advertisement

The findings could be "hammer blow" to the case of Dr Murray, reports Britain's News of the World. The doctor has been charged with involuntary manslaughter over Jacko's death.

The bombshell evidence includes:

- Murray failed to inform paramedics that he had given the singer a dose of Propofol, the anaesthetic drug that coroners ruled killed Jackson.

- Jackson had already flat-lined (no heart activity) by the time they arrived and after two rounds of heart revival drugs failed he was declared dead at the scene.

- As senior medic there, Murray nevertheless insisted Jacko be taken to hospital and demanded a third round of drugs which also failed.

- Paramedics quizzed Murray about "meds" (medicines); he told them Jacko was exhausted after a sleepless night and he had given him only the sedative Lorazepam and fluids to rehydrate him.

The statements appear to contradict what Murray told police and the findings of the autopsy.

Article continues below advertisement

The document could also be vital evidence and provide the springboard to any civil or wrongful death lawsuit launched by the Jackson clan.

A Jackson family friend reportedly told the newspaper: "This is the clearest suggestion yet that Murray misled the paramedics.

"Why didn't he tell them about the Propofol? We are sick at what this report indicates."

WORLD EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Shocking Violence Inside Jackson Home

The explosive document also gives a detailed insight into the desperate battle ambulance staff put up to bring Jackson back to life.

The medics rushed past the star's children Prince, 13, Paris, 11, and Blanket, seven, into a bedroom six minutes after bodyguard Alberto Alvarez called emergency services saying Jackson was not breathing. He had suffered a cardiac arrest.

The medics noted Murray performing CPR as Jacko lay on the floor with an intravenous (IV) drip in his left LEG.

Breaking News
Article continues below advertisement

One medic observed: "50-year-old found supine on floor, cpr in progress via PMD Murray, no visible new trauma, good lung sounds faltering, intubation, IV in place lft leg."

In seconds, the responders had hooked him to an oximeter which measures the oxygen level in blood. Normal readings range between 93 and 100 per cent, it's believed. Jackson's was zero.

He also had no blood pressure, pulse or breath and his pupils were dilated.

When CPR failed to revive the singer, the medicos attempted to restart Jacko's heart with two drugs - a combination of heart stimulant epinephrine and atropinea, a drug which keeps heart valves open.

The team also attached a bag valve mask, which is hooked up to a 7.5cm tube - and ran it down his throat into his lungs in a desperate attempt to kick-start his breathing.

But all procedures had little to no effect.

Article continues below advertisement

The Dearly Departed: Celebs We Lost in 2009 The Dearly Departed: Celebs We Lost in 200

At 12.58pm, the paramedics made a final desperate effort to bring Jacko back, firing 50mg of bicarbonate into the jugular vein in his neck - an injection that neutralizes harmful acids after a cardiac arrest.

When it too failed to revive him, paramedics contacted bosses at UCLA hospital with their results and were told to stop treatment.

But Murray interrupted the call, insisting Jackson could be saved.

Eight minutes after his last jab, Jackson was rushed on the three-mile journey to UCLA.

In the ambulance, Murray assumed control of the patient, as the most senior medic. He ordered a third round of the epinephrine/atropine combination and a second shot of bicarbonate.

But the charts confirmed Jackson remained flat-lined and all vital signs were out when he arrived at the hospital at 1.13pm.

He was finally declared dead at 2.26pm.



© Copyright 2023 Radar Media Group LLC. RADAR and RADARONLINE are registered trademarks. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.