Jon Gosselin is fighting back against Kate’s allegations that he secretly raided their bank accounts with his own set of explosive charges that Kate improperly withdrew money and violated a court order.
Jon and his lawyer filed court papers last week accusing Kate of the same type of financial misbehavior she’s hung on him.
In addition, Jon says he wants a written explanation of $1 million that Kate removed from their accounts!
In a story first reported by The Insider, Jon’s lawyers, led by Mark Heller, have filed a response with family court saying: “Husband believes…wife is continuing to hide marital funds.”
In the newly filed court papers, Jon now admits to removing money from a joint accout, which is why Kate initiated the current court action. She accused him of taking out $230,000. In responding to Kate’s charge, which contains specific amounts and dates, Jon’s lawyer issued an overall “neither admitted or denied” in the court papers. But, importantly, under that umbrella Jon does admit to Kate’s assertion that he pulled money out of that account. The papers released by his lawyer state, “husband admits that he has taken funds from the joint money market account, Husband avers that wife has removed funds from the account as well.” In fact, Jon says that Kate took out more than $60,000 from the same fund between July 17 and Sept. 29.
Taking the Jon and Kate divorce brawl to new levels, the shocking new court papers say that far from being left with only $1,000 to pay the family bills, Kate had access to more than $1 million!
Jon and his lawyers also want Kate held in contempt of court and say she has not provided an accounting of all money she spent from June 22 through July 6, per court rules and has not given him written permission required for him to access four of their bank accounts via the internet.
And, of course, Jon and his attorneys want Kate to reveal how much she’s paying her lawyers, just like Kate demanded of Jon!