Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily


Case Closed! Teresa Giudice's Bankruptcy Settlement Revealed

teresa giudice bankruptcy case settles rhonj
Source: Getty Images

Dec. 12 2016, Published 4:17 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Teresa Giudice is about to have a merrier Christmas, has learned!

Giudice, 44, has reached a settlement in her bankruptcy case that was reopened in May. Radar previously reported that she had reached a deal, but was waiting on a judge to sign off.

Now, a U.S. Bankruptcy court Judge in New Jersey has ordered that the Real Housewives of New Jersey star can keep 55 percent of her profits from her legal malpractice suit, and the other 45 percent will go to creditors.

Article continues below advertisement


The case began when Giudice and her husband Joe filed for bankruptcy in 2009. Their case was closed in 2014, but the Turning The Tables author later filed a malpractice suit against her former lawyer.

Regardless of her win, the reality star still owes over $219,000 to the IRS.

Stay with Radar for more.

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for Email us at, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.


© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.